Would you believe that some of the best stories of our time were written or created while the authors were in jail?
Does that change your opinion of them?
Well, let's see.
Now, there are plenty of truly amazing non-fiction books written by more contemporary authors, books about their time in prison written after the fact or started while they did their time.
This list, however, focuses on novels that don't necessarily have anything to do with prison life.
Although these are all books that were written while the authors were in jail, I imagine that the writers used their tales to take them out of the reality of their circumstances.
What do you think?
1. Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
Read it here: amazon.com
Don Quixote is such a beloved character – chivalrous, romantic, idealistic, brave, maybe a bit naive, perhaps just a teensy bit bumbling.
The point is, he's notorious – and so is the novel bearing his name, which is thought to be Europe's first modern novel.
Although Cervantes did not write the entire book from prison, he wrote part of it while he was behind bars.
He had a few issues with debt.
- Must-Read Books by Women Not Originally Written in English ...
- 7 Books 📚 You Need 🙏🏼 on Your Coffee Table Right Now 👇🏼 ...
- 7 Books That Slytherins Will Love ...
- 7 Sequels You Won't Believe Were Written by Different Authors ...
- If Books Were Social Media, These Would Be the Titles ...
- 11 Fairy Tale 👑 Books 📘📙 for Adults to Enjoy 😊 when They're Still Young at Heart 💚 ...